Reis Informatica is a Canada-based IT solution provider serving Small to Medium sized organizations in South Western Ontario for over 10 years.
POSITION DESCRIPTION – IT Help Desk Technician
An excellent IT Help desk technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. You must also be client-oriented and patient/helpful to deal with all knowledge levels of clients.
The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business. In your position as IT Help Desk Technician your initial responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Small business to Enterprise Microsoft based networking including Active Directory deployments and Microsoft Cloud systems such as Azure, Azure Directory Services
- Familiarity with Google Gsuite, AWS
- Ensure that documentation is up to date at all times. Anything you do should be documented so that others may be able to recreate and understand what you did (ITGlue)
- Creating of How-To’s and their maintenance
- Work within our Ticketing system and project management systems
- Automate as many IT tasks as possible. Systems updates, reboots, preventative-maintenance tasks, work within our Autotask Endpoint Management system, create new scripts when needed/required for deploying these and other applications.
- Discover new technologies that can be used to make us better and reduce the risk to our clients. We want to deliver stress free systems to our clients. This includes mitigating the risk to data from corruption, theft or hacking.
- Always keep the clients happy, even when we have to deliver bad news, have a plan.
Application deadline: 2020-12-31
Expected start date: 2021-01-04
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $41,012.00-$50,125.00 per year
We have implemented covid protocols in our office to ensure physical distancing, masks, hand sanitizers keep our employees safe