About Reis Informatica
Reis Informatica is a Canada-based IT solution provider serving Small to Medium sized organizations in South Western Ontario for over 10 years.
We are currently expanding and opening a new office in Malaysia to build on our service offerings to our clients. We are currently seeking an experienced ENGLISH SPEAKING System Administrator for a full-time opportunity with our own organization to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
You will be a part of a team of technicians around the globe who are working together supporting many clients. You will be working from our offices in Kuala Lumpur and electronically collaborating over video conferencing with the team in Canada. Your work hours will be 8am to 5pm (Malaysia Time GMT+8). There will be the occasional travel to Canada to work alongside the team so a valid passport will be needed. This will happen at least once a year.
- Performing Patch Management
– Applying patches to servers, and network equipment
– Rebooting the equipment and ensuring they boot up properly before the business day in Canada begins.
- Watching for System Alerts from client networks
– Should an alert happen, you will need to remotely connect and try to resolve the issue
– Escalate back to the Canada team if it is not possible to resolve remotely
- Provide help-desk for Canadian users in English
- Connect to their computer if necessary and resolve the issue
- Provide help-desk for a Malaysian company
- Providing day to day support of routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers in both physical and virtual infrastructure
- From time to time, you will be given your own project to complete
- Providing analysis of network capacity and health
- Implementing networking best practices and standards throughout the infrastructure
- Creating documentation (to include Visio diagrams) and communications
- Participating and providing feedback into the day to day Managed Services network operations
- Participating in escalated support through the ticketing system
- Escalating critical issues in a timely manner
- Coordinating technical implementation with partners from business
- AT ALL TIMES, MAINTAIN THE NETWORK SECURITY AND PRIVACY OF COMPUTERS, NETWORKS, CLIENTS, PEOPLE, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY etc.
- You must be fluent in English. Reading, writing and speaking
- A degree/diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; or equivalent experience is required
- 3+ YEARS experience in general SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION with expertise in design, build and support of network infrastructure
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and communication skills
- Network Devices: Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Servers and backup systems (Multivendor Network Environment)
- Expert with Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Exchange
- Expert with Outlook, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office 365
- Advanced knowledge of Azure, AWS
- Advanced knowledge of Network Skills: TCP/IP, routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, IPSec VPN) Layer 2/3 switching and VLAN configuration, Firewall security policy
- Proficient with tools to collect network statistic utilizing protocols (SNMP, NetFlow, etc…)
- Advanced knowledge of VMware ESX and Cisco experience and certifications are a benefit
Salary: Details to be negotiated during the final phase of the interview process.
Job Type: Full-time