Reis Informatica is a fast-growing Security focused Managed and Professional IT services firm headquartered in Kitchener-Waterloo. We have offices in Ottawa and Hamilton Ontario as well as Lisbon Portugal.
We require a qualified individual to implement, configure, maintain, and support enterprise wired and wireless network infrastructure working with technologies and systems from a variety of vendors including; HP, Dell, Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, Veeam, StorageCraft.
As a preferred employer, Reis Informatica is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes.
- Administration of /Windows servers with a primary focus on enterprise services including DHCP, NTP, RADIUS, TACACS, DNS, and Network Monitoring
- Manage effective and stable operation of client voice/data communication networks
- Provide technical support for clients
- Proven advanced knowledge of enterprise servers, storage systems and virtualization
- Installation and proactive monitoring of battery backup systems (UPS)
- Adherence to network security policies through the use of access, monitoring, and controls
- Administration and troubleshooting of wired and wireless networks including architecture planning, configuration, and deployment of network appliances
- Execute scheduled maintenance ensuring continuous secure and stable operations
- Document network changes and design improvements to reinforce solid troubleshooting techniques
- Assess and review recurring incidents and correlate them into a permanent fix
- Communicate regularly with consultants, suppliers, and manufacturers for technical support and pricing estimates on products and services
- Investigate and recommend improvements to network monitoring and management solutions
- Communicate with vendors/system engineers on products and services and assess benefit against our client’s requirements
- Research, test, and develop new technologies to address ever-growing IT needs
- You are a people person, doing what is right for the client
- Ensuring IT best practices and high network security practices
- Three-year Diploma/Degree in a Computer Science or Information Technology related field
- Three years of demonstrated experience with networking equipment, enterprise class servers, Linux/Windows Server OS, and supporting technologies
- Preference given to candidates with CISCO certification
- Good knowledge of back-end enterprise services (DHCP, DNS)
- Strong knowledge of networking best practices, modern network design, and network troubleshooting
- Excellent knowledge of data communication concepts and protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, SNMP, BGP, SMTP, 802.1x, OSPF)
- Well-developed analytical problem-solving and decision-making skills in order to identify problems, determine possible solutions, and select the appropriate action
- Planning and organizational skills to establish priorities and adjust priorities to meet deadlines
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills to be able to present technical information to a not so technical audience
- Well accustomed to producing logical and concise documentation for use as knowledge base content and training material
- Ability to think and act quickly is essential
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development to stay current with technology
- Resume with academic, professional, volunteer experience, and references
- Cover letter outlining the reasons your skills and experience would benefit Reis Informatica
- Any other documents (professional certifications, writing samples, etc.) that you would consider relevant to the role
Details to be negotiated during the final phase of the interview process.
About Reis Informatica
Based in Kitchener-Waterloo, with a secondary office in Lisbon, Portugal, Reis Informatica is a high growth Managed and Professional Services Provider. We exist to offload the burden of managing IT and allow our clients to focus on their business success. We provide innovative SaaS, HaaS and IaaS solutions along with traditional IT and we bolt it all down with a focus on security throughout all corners of the business.
We are most proud of our people and our culture who are able to bring meaningful and profound changes to our client’s operations.