Reis Informatica is a fast-growing Security focused Managed and Professional IT services firm headquartered in Kitchener-Waterloo. We have offices in Toronto, Ottawa, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as well as Lisbon Portugal.
We require a qualified individual to implement, configure, maintain, and support enterprise wired and wireless network infrastructure working with technologies and systems from a variety of vendors including; HP, Dell, Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, Veeam, StorageCraft.
As a preferred employer, Reis Informatica is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes.
- SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER – LEVEL 3 IT TECHNICIAN – POSITION DESCRIPTION
In your position as Senior Systems Engineer your initial responsibilities will include:
Infrastructure Design, install and maintenance of infrastructure including (but not limited to)
- Routing, switching, firewall, complex wireless networks (layer 1, 2, 3 networking)
- SMB to Enterprise Server systems design, installation and support
- Storage (SAN, NAS) infrastructure design, installation and support
- Small business to Enterprise Microsoft based networking including Active Directory deployments and Microsoft Cloud systems such as Azure, Azure Directory Services
- Familiarity with Google Gsuite, AWS
- Understanding glue services for SSO and other ‘interesting’ technologies
- Database systems installation and support (server level, we don’t really get into application development)
- Network Security Design, maintenance, testing and reporting.
- Provide pre-sales systems engineer support to sales
- Mentoring of less-experienced technicians
- Provide guidance in project management
- Concentrate on our own infrastructure to make it better. This includes our network management systems.
- Ensure that documentation is up to date at all times. Anything you do should be documented so that others may be able to recreate and understand what you did (ITGlue)
- Creating of How-To’s and their maintenance
- Work within our Ticketing system and project management systems
- Automate as many IT tasks as possible. Systems updates, reboots, preventative-maintenance tasks, work within our EndPoint Management system, create new scripts when needed/required for deploying these and other applications.
- Provide as needed onsite network reviews and documentation, suggestions and recommendations
- Perform performance tuning, performance troubleshooting of servers, storage and networking systems
- Discover new technologies that can be used to make us better, and reduce the risk to our clients. We want to deliver stress free systems to our clients. This includes mitigating the risk to data from corruption, theft or hacking.
- Always keep the clients happy, even when we have to deliver bad news, have a plan.
- Design and implement projects, pick up the phone for help-desk support, and help out by picking up a broom….nothing is beneath any of us.
We understand that there are some skills which we need but you do not have certifications yet. We require you to become at least Cisco CCNA (preferably CCNP) certified and VMWare VCP certified. These are quickly obtainable with some online courses and study. We will pay for the resources and tests required for you to achieve these.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $76,700.00-$93,745.00 per year
We have Covid-19 protocols in place to keep employees safe
About Reis Informatica
Based in Kitchener-Waterloo, with a secondary office in Lisbon, Portugal, Reis Informatica is a high growth Managed and Professional Services Provider. We exist to offload the burden of managing IT and allow our clients to focus on their business success. We provide innovative SaaS, HaaS and IaaS solutions along with traditional IT and we bolt it all down with a focus on security throughout all corners of the business.
We are most proud of our people and our culture who are able to bring meaningful and profound changes to our client’s operations.